Circle G Ranch added to the National Register of Historic Places

Published On January 27, 2020 | By Lee Thomas | News & Events

On December 13, 2019, the National Park Service added the Circle G Ranch to the National Register of Historic Places.

The Circle G Ranch was famously owned by music icon Elvis Presley during a pivotal period in his career, encompassing 154 acres of rolling hills in a pastoral setting near the western limits of Horn Lake, a rural, but developing town in DeSoto County, Mississippi. The Ranch was where Elvis rediscovered his musical roots, reprioritized his life, and—with the Comeback Special of 1968—repositioned himself as the undisputed “King of Rock and Roll.”

View of the Honeymoon Cottage, facing southwest
Ca. 1953 photo showing original exterior of the primary residence front elevation (Courtesy, Brian Hicks, DeSoto County Museum)
View of the free-standing Cross, camera facing north-northwest
View of foot bridge at Circle G Ranch, facing west

Like this Article? Share it!

About The Author

Comments are closed.